Monday, April 9, 2012


With the Hoop-A-La (not sure that's how you spell it) over The Hunger Games, I decided to go. I must admit that I was excited. Probably the best part of that night was playing hacky sack with my friends outside of the theatre before the movie started. Plenty of high school girls got hit in the head by descending sand bags. I was on Good Morning Utah as well which was my first experience being famous. Now all the old people who wake up at 5 a.m. which is right after when i got home from the movie had the privilege of seeing me on TV.

The movie was good. Like I said, I was excited. I read all of the books ages ago, long before the third one even came out and even several months before I started hearing people talking about it. They were descent but not my favorite books ever.

The movie stayed rather true to the book, I believe. There were a few parts that may have been slightly confusing if one hadn’t read the books but when compared to other books becoming movies, they did a great job with the Hunger Games.

I have heard a lot of criticism about the movie. I am finding a trend of people who didn’t read the books, didn’t much like the movie. They thought it was bloody and terrible that these kids were put in an arena to kill each other. Well that is sort of the point, isn’t it? That it’s the story and the people raising up against it to put a stop to it, isnt it. Most who read the books loved the movie.


Though the movie was great, I felt quite sick during it. The cinematography in it is very shaky and made me a bit nauseous. It was hard to follow the characters and focus on them because of the constant movement. In all honesty though that is my greatest complain. Well done. Not to mention, I have a huge crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I'd marry her. See People Magazine on line for this photo http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20493206,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment